Intellithought is seeking a Junior Developer to add to our growing development team. You need only a base level knowledge of programming in order to apply. The ideal candidate for this role is a team player who is motivated to learn and grow.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume via the form below.
Currently we are only looking for developers to work on-site in our office in downtown Kingsport, TN, so no applications for remote developers will be considered at this time.
Position Title: Junior Developer
Location: On-site (338 E. Center St., Kingsport, TN)
Employment Status: Full-time; Salary
Intellithought is an IT Solutions provider that develops custom hardware and software solutions for a variety of businesses.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with lead developers to understand development layout and process and procedures
- Test, write, and debug software
- Participate in team development projects working in tandem with lead developers and other team members as necessary.
- Research issues and repair code in various legacy projects on a support request basis.
- Interpret requirements from assigned tasks and convert those into software and web application solutions as directed.
- Maintain historical records by documenting program development and revisions.
- Be comfortable working in an agile environment and have the ability to “take the wheel” when necessary.
Skills & Qualifications
- Basic proficiency in SQL Queries and Commands
- Work well in a team environment
- Ability to learn new tools and apply feedback to improve performance
- Ability to analyze data and interpret meaningful results
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Accurate and effective communication – both written and verbal
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
Bonus Points for Proficiency in:
- Microsoft ASP.NET MVC or other MVC oriented web framework
- ORM such as Entity Framework, Hibernate/NHibernate, etc
- Version Control Git / Mercurial / TFS
- WordPress Theme Development and/or Plugin Development and Customizations
- Salesforce CRM Customizations
- Android, IOS, Xamarin or Unity experience for mobile development
- Selenium Test Creation/Maintenance
- Test Driven Design experience with NUnit or other .NET Testing Framework
Benefits & Perks
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with matching
- Career growth and advancement
- High level of autonomy and work-life balance
- Collaborative office environment
For consideration, please fill out and submit the form below.
If you have additional questions, please contact us at awake(at)intellithought(dot)com.